- How to calculate the number of facade tiles?
A simple way to calculate the number of facade tiles:
- calculate the surface area (m2), taking into account all cracks, protrusions;
- calculate the area of one tile of your choice (m2);
- divide the surface area by the area of the tile. Note that the tile should be taken in stock (5%), so that, in case of defect or damage, it has something to replace.
- What is a facade tile?
Facade tiles - a modern cladding material that mimics the natural coating - stone, wood, brick. It comes in two varieties: porcelain and clinker. The tile has good technical characteristics, spectacular appearance and affordable price. The best option for exterior cladding, interior decoration of the house, decorating the stove and fireplace.
- What is the price of facade tiles in 2022 ?
On the website of the Kerama Market store in 2022 the price of facade tiles varies from 39 UAH/m2 to 6534 UAH/m2.
- How to cut facade tiles?
A popular tool for direct cutting of facade tiles is Bulgarian. It is convenient to make parallel and figured cuts. Gloves, goggles and headphones should be worn when working.
- draw a mark on the tile, along the lines of which will make a cut;
- make an incision at a time so that there are no chips;
- if there are chips on the surface, use sandpaper or a sanding disc on a angle grinder
You can also cut the facade tiles with pliers, a circular saw, a ballerina, a manual and electric tile cutter - the resulting pieces will be smooth, without chips.
- How to glue facade tiles?
It is necessary to glue a front tile with special multicomponent frost-resistant glue in the direction from below upwards. The surface should be pre-insulated, applied plaster, treated with a primer.
Method of laying:
- make a marking of a surface that all seams were equal;
- dilute a special dry glue with water, according to the instructions;
- apply glue to the tile and the wall with a notched trowel - the direction of the strips should be transverse (if the strips of glue are horizontal on the wall, then vertical on the tile);
- fix the element on the wall, following the vertical and horizontal levels of the tile;
- after drying, fill the seams with hydrophobic grout.